Toll free: 1(800)560-2128
Meek Blood Center Bloodmobile
CCEC frequently welcomes the Meek Blood Center Bloodmobile to set up its service in our office parking lot.
We are proud to be a hub for such an important cause. We urge all of those who are able to come donate with us.
Need convincing? Here are some staggering facts from the Meek Blood Center website:
- A cancer patient may require as many as eight units of platelets a day while undergoing chemotherapy treatment.
- An accident or trauma victim may require as many as 30 pints of blood upon arrival to the hospital.
- A patient undergoing open-heart surgery may require between four - six pints of blood.
- As little as 3 teaspoons of blood can save the life of a premature baby.
- O positive blood is the blood type that is needed most. It is the most common blood type, therefore it is the type that is transfused most often.
- O negative blood is the universal donor, which can buy vital minutes when blood cannot be typed for an exact match. Only 7% of the population has this type blood.
- AB positive is the universal recipient. Those in this blood group can safely receive any type blood.
- Only five percent of the population in the U.S. eligible to give blood actually donate.
- On any given day, approximately 40,000 units of red cells are needed in the U.S.
- The average adult has 8-12 pints of blood in their body, depending on height and weight.
- The body replenishes the fluid lost from a blood donation within 24 hours. Red cells are replaced in eight weeks.
When will the Bloodmobile be back to the CCEC office?
The Bloodmobile will be parked in the afternoons from 1:00-6:00. The updated 2017 schedule is as followed:
- March 7th
- May 2nd
- August 22nd
- October 17th
- December 12th
Want to learn more about the Meek Blood Center?
Click the icon below to visit Meek Blood Center's website and see the impact they have on our community.